Tuesday 19 February 2013

Think Global, Act Local

When I first posted a note on Mamas and Papas' Facebook page I didn't expect anyone to spot it and thought it would a quiet dialogue between me and the company.  However, that's proven not to be the case and the story appears to have resonated with a large number of people. Since that first posting I've been amazed at the number of people who have offered support and advice as well as those that have empathised out of a sense of consumer justice, and even a number of people that made me aware that they had experienced a similar story themselves.

Then when I started blogging about it I had no idea how far that would reach.  Today's stats show that while the majority of people are reading from the UK, I appear to have collected a few readers in some far flung parts of the world.



It's that support that makes me sure that I'm doing the right thing and need to push on with the campaign.

From yesterday email I think it's clear now that there is little point responding to the customer services team.  They're just doing their job and holding the company line.  It's the decision makers I need to find.  And find them I think I have.

David and Luisa Scacchetti - Husband and wife team - owners
Tim Maule - Deputy CEO
Amanda Scacchetti - Product Development Director
Rob Jennings - E Commerce Director
Jason Greenwood - Group Finance Director
Karl Brown - Group HR Director
Olivia Robinson - Creative Director
Louise Bontoft - Design Manager in New Product Development
Jason Barker - Head of Integrity (Seriously!)
Marek Laskowski - Retail Managing Director

I've also found their legal team, but I think I'll steer clear of them for now.

The next step will be to communicate with them directly ensuring the message is consistent and persistent.  It's important I get this one right in terms of content and tone, so I'm going to spend a bit of time crafting it.

In the meantime, I've also found another thing that irked me.  Hidden in a corner and only apparently accessible through a Google search was a page that describes a comprehensive spare parts service.

http://www.mamasandpapas.com/order_spares.php






Back to the original argument, the question I would ask is whether this statement really described the service that is offered to people making enquiries about spares for discontinued items.

Anyway, time to get writing I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment